Rotary Clubs and Rotarians have a responsibility to find ways to improve the quality of life for those in their communities and to serve the public interest.
Community Service responds to the needs of the local community by encouraging and fostering the ideal of service to the personal, business and community life of every Rotarian.
It provides Rotarians with the opportunity to exemplify the Rotary motto:
Service Above Self.
Community service projects can be evaluated by:
- Are they relevant to the community?
- Do they serve as a learning experience for Rotarians?
- Have they helped to identify a Rotary Club’s role in its community?
- Promote the resources provided by Rotary International for vocational programs and generate appropriate local resources.
- To have vocational programs as a vehicle for promoting Rotary in the wider community.
- International Service encompasses efforts to expand Rotary’s humanitarian reach around the world and to promote world understanding and peace. It includes everything from contributing to PolioPlus to helping Rotary Youth Exchange students adjust to their host countries.
Youth Service (previously known as New Generations) embraces a wide range of Rotary programs for young people of various age groups. The aims of these programs include personal development, education, community service, competitions, international understanding and goodwill and travel through student exchange.
Details of these programs can be found through the below links.
A comprehensive list of youth programs conducted by Rotary clubs and districts across Australia can be downloaded on the following link: Rotary Programs for Youth across Australia
Programs offered in District 9600 include:
- ROTARY AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND STUDENT EXCHANGE (RANZE)
- THE SCIENCE EXPERIENCE (TSE)
- NATIONAL YOUTH SCIENCE FORUM (NYSF)
- ROTARY YOUTH PROGRAM OF ENRICHMENT (RYPEN)
- RYDA ROAD SAFETY EDUCATION PROGRAM
Rotary Youth Exchange Program (YEP)
Each year thousands of young people worldwide are given an opportunity to experience the cultures and accomplishments of people in other countries.
During your exchange, you will grow considerably in self-confidence, tolerance and self-reliance.
You’ll also learn to accept greater responsibility in your everyday life.
If you’re interested in learning more about YEP click here