|Club Meetings Coming up
Community & District diary dates
News and Business Items
- Janet remaining as Director Community for 2017/18 and Derek accepting the Quartermaster position means that all positions are now filled, well ahead of June’s changeover. Hooray!
- Peter has taken the last spot on tomorrow’s car parking roster so now Kevin’s handover to Olivia can be full steam ahead with the next car parking roster needed for 3 June. This is great as Kevin is recovering from a stroke a week ago. Posting to Rotterdam is on hold while tests and treatment are underway. Kevin says he is feeling well now and hopes he has dodged a bullet and will remain unaffected by consequences of hopefully a small stroke. Members sent their good wishes to Kevin.
- Our inbound shared exchange student Amalia from Sweden will be hosted by Tania and her family from 17 Nov til 18 Jan.
- Greg I and Olivia are welcome table and set up crew for June.
- Pres Greg asked everyone to review the current action plan he emailed during the week so that the time together at 1 June meeting can maximise progress on next year’s action plan – no pain, no gain.
- Tania gave an update on info re National Youth Science Forum – more to come hopefully from some help from ADG re pros and cons with nomination a student from our area.
- Pres Greg and incoming Pres Peter asked members to seriously consider a suitable date for the 2018 long lunch, the format, the management model and to identify the event organiser.
- Pres Greg asked for suggestions for the president’s annual donation possibly to be presented at the changeover dinner – can be more than one donation. He would like to support Take the Lid of Mental Health and one or more directly relevant local initiatives.
|· Pres Greg read a well expressed letter of thanks from the Supreme Team for allowing them to earn dollars for their Singapore competition by joining with the Rotary car parking team.|